Auto Maintenance Technician
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multi-billion dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician performs car service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This is a position of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This is an hourly position, pay based on ASE certifications. Starting pay is $16.50 / hour plus a $1000 sign-on bonus paid after 90 days in the position! This is a Full-Time position working 40hrs/week based out of our Maintenance Service Center Facility, located at:
99 Jefferson Blvd
Warwick, RI 02888
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical & Prescription Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Assistance Programs
- PerkSpot Discounts
- Travel Assistance
- Vehicle & Rental Purchase & Discounts which extends to Friends & Family
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Perform complete vehicle maintenance inspection including tires, brakes, and all fluid levels.
- Perform preventive maintenance (oil change and tire rotation) service according to the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Repair and replace tires.
- Replacement of wearable parts (i.e. bulbs, wipers).
- Maintain vehicle repair history by documenting a Repair Order to accurately reflect steps taken and part(s) used during the repair.
- Comply with part and inventory tracking procedures.
- May process new fleet, fuel reclamation or buy-backs.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Minimum of 6 months experience handling mechanical service procedures to perform fleet maintenance activities in a work-center atmosphere or a certificate of completion from a technical school for automotive program completion
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform basic maintenance and repair responsibilities
- Must have a valid US driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related incidents within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be willing to accept $16.50 per hour
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work the following shift/schedule:
- Monday 8:30am-5pm
- Thursday 8:30am-5pm
- Friday 8:30am-5pm
- Saturday 8am-4:30pm
- Sunday 8am-4:30pm