Enterprise Holdings has an exciting opening for a Staff Accountant on our Business Management team located in Windsor Locks, CT !
Gain real-world business, accounting, and financial training that will teach you all aspects of financial management pertaining to running a successful business. Our program fully prepares you to become a Business Manager of your own financial operation. A key partner in our organization, the Business Manager oversees all aspects of financial management and provides balance to the partnership formed with the marketing and operational pieces of our business. You'll enjoy performance-based promotions and big earning potential as you climb the management ladder. Plus you'll work with fun people at a $24 billion industry leader that supports you every step of the way.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing financial statements, providing external and internal communication to rental locations, vendors and various departments. There is potential exposure to multiple business lines, Rental, Car Sales, Truck Rental and Rideshare. Projects will include but will not be limited to managing accounts receivable general ledger accounts, analyzing accounts, resolving issues and variances, and calculating/preparing end of month entries.
This position offers solid professional and financial growth opportunities. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to achieve continued growth and success. The ideal candidate will portray strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent organizational and time management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
This position is based at the administrative office for Enterprise Holdings which is located at 8 Ella Grasso Turnpike, Windsor Lock, CT 06096.
**This position is hourly and offers a targeted annual compensation of $48,000/yr based off a 43 hour work week**
Starting as a Staff Accountant, you will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis.
- Basic accounting procedures and principles
- Prepare financial statements
- Assemble back reconciliation and account schedules
- Establish effective communication lines with other departments
- Partner with assigned departments on cost containment and Group initiatives
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
At Enterprise, you will have the chance to run your own financial operation and provide balance to the marketing and operational pieces of our business. We offer a comprehensive development program where you will work closely with sales and marketing, human resources, procurement, and more to produce excellence in customer service, growth strategies, operating efficiencies, and profitability.
As your understanding of our business grows and your ability to make solid business decisions develops, you will soon take on a supervisory role within a business management team. How fast you progress is completely up to you. With our entrepreneurial philosophy, there is truly nothing holding you back.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have an intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be flexible to relocate outside local area/state within a 1-3 year period to accept potential promotional opportunities
- This position requires a valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- Must not have a drug or alcohol related incident on your MVR within the past 5 years
- Must be living in Connecticut/Western,MA or moving to the area within the next 30 days
Additional desired skills/competencies include:
- Commitment to continued education and/or certification (CMA, CPA, MBA)
- Excellent time-management, organization, and follow-up skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Strength in communication, problem solving, and customer service
- Proven leadership abilities and demonstrated training/development of others
- Proven analytical skills and decision making abilities
- Interested in becoming a future Business Manager