Full Time Customer Assistant Representative - Southampton, NY
The Customer Assistance Representative Sr (CAR) will provide a high level of customer service by assisting both internal and external customers, primarily face-to-face, supporting their branch and rental needs. The CAR will gain knowledge through local training and hands-on experience to provide administrative support, service customers, and act as a rental back-up in a non airport branch location.
This position is located in Southampton
The address is:
395 County Road #39A
Southampton, NY 11968
Compensation is $18.25 / hour
- Greet all customers using prescribed, appropriate dialogue as they arrive on the lot.
- Remind customer to check for personal belongings. Identify any items found in the vehicle with a unit number, date, time and turn into lost and found.
- Advise and review rental charges; and provide an accurate receipt to the customer.
- Inquire about service, satisfaction and document dissatisfaction.
- Discreetly check vehicle for damage on incoming vehicles and direct customer to counter for completion of damage/loss report.
- Use of proper statement to determine if vehicle is being returned with full tank of gas.
- Complete a service alert for any mechanical and or body damage communicated by the customers.
- Identify vehicles, which are on system hold for turnback, time or mileage, recall, or any other special lock and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Identify and tag vehicles that have been flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Keep lot organized for ease of access and traffic flow.
- Understand the CDW/Emerald Aisle/Choice process; knowledge of the rental/return documents, fuel services, days/extra hours/surcharges and optional coverages.
- Understand the damage loss report reporting procedure.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have two years college experience OR at least two years of customer service experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted driver's license.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Aside from religious observations, must be available to work an average of 40 hours per week, including weekends
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to the location(s) you are applying to within 30 days of anticipated start date.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English